Ok guys – I’m out of chipotle peppers and adobo sauce so today is the last day I’m going to smother you with chipotle recipes! Yay for change! But here is my all-time favorite homemade salsa recipe. It’s so good that it almost makes me feel sorry for the salsa in a jar. Almost…
Ingredients for three cups of salsa
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 chipotle chile, in adobo plus one tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 small can of pickled jalepenos
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- Broil tomatoes until charred. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine vegetables, chipotle, lime juice and cilantro until desired consistency.
PS: I made those plantain chips…never again!