I tried to make this recipe last week, but wasn’t sure whether it needed something added to it or not. It may just be a personal issue as I’m not a fan of Gorgonzola and think this fact tainted my experience. So give it a try and let me know what you thin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add grits, stirring constantly.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until thick (for about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in the cheese, sour cream, and nutmeg.
- Divide grits into four servings on plates.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bacon.