It’s been way too long since I’ve posted anything. Honestly, I had to take a break because my business is about to launch and I’ve been too busy to cook. But, check out this recipe. I served it to some friends with a Rosemary Roasted Leg of Lamb and an Asparagus Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette.
(and this Raspberry Torte for dessert)
- ¾ cup quick grits
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups milk, scalded and divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In top of double boiler, mix boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt, gradually stir in grits.
- Add two tablespoons butter; boil about 5 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup scalded milk. Blend thoroughly, cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a bowl, blend egg, sour cream, horseradish, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon white pepper with second cup of cooled scaled milk..
- Add grits. Beat 1 minute with electric mixer.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish and fold grits into dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned.